Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Is it morally wrong to lie to your kids?




As many of you know Sean and I have been blessed with a sweet baby girl. Our sweet baby girl is a BIT of a tomboy. She is starting preschool this year, and I would love for her to wear something a little more girlie! When I was in Park city shopping with friends, we went to gymboree. They had adorable skirts, blouses, and tights. Even though I knew I could not pull off too much cutsey stuff, I did find some shirts, leggings and barretts.



Anne had a great suggestion: "How about if we have Caleb give these to her. I bet she would wear them then. At least, she is more likely to." We were thrilled to try it! Here is how it went down.


Wish me luck that I can get her to wear the barretts a couple times!


And today, thanks to cold weather, SUCCESS!!! Doesn't she look cute (even without barretts!)

2 comments:

Ramsey said...

VERY CUTE! Although I need to inform Caleb that Emily's mom did not buy the stuff that "I picked out!" I thought it was funny that Caleb kept saying that him mom picked out the clothes... (If only he knew the real story!)

Cami said...

It is TOTALLY OK to lie to your kids. Try doing Emily's hair when you are not by a mirror and discreetly slip the Barret in. I have successfully done this a few times! However when the discovery comes later, it didn't always go well.