We have had a great summer, and I feel really good about that. But, we got so lax on our schedule, that I am ready for some structure in the home. It is hard to be the bad guy and say "go to sleep" all the time when there is no formal activities to truly necessitate it. Plus the last few weeks there has been a lot more fighting, boredom, etc.
So, no condolances for me, only much congratulations! (Plus they do come home at noon!:)) We are looking forward to a truly awesome year!
Nate will be in 4th grade this year. He has an awesome teacher that he really loves. She is great and is always finding ways to challenge him. He truly has a love of learning, and to experience new things! This school has been great for him: lots of field trips, and hands on learning and experimenting.
Jaron is in 2nd grade this year. He only had a couple weeks at the school last year, and his teacher had a baby, so he didn't get much time with her last year. We have seen her around town quite a bit the summer, and she still was quite involved, so he knows her and loves her. It will be great to let him settle in. He makes friends so easy, and from what I can see he is the class clown--everyone needs one, right!
We are so proud of our kids. We are thankful to live in a nation where they are given a good education, by teachers who love them. We also take such comfort that they are safe as they are away from home! We love our kids, and are so happy for our little family!
5 comments:
Yay! The kids are back to school! And we are so lucky to have them at the school we do! My kids were going through the same thing, totally bored and irritated with each other! If you go o my blog, Kerrie's is the link that says the Crazy Js. It's a cute blog! Wait-you did know her right? Now I can't remember.......hmmm silly me...
Heather you are so funny! It is great to have them back involved in school. It was fun to see you last night. I hide out in the "kitchen" to avoid games, but I am all about the talking!:)
What wonderful and handsome boys you have! Boys truly are GREAT! (I'm sure girls are too...)
Halilua!!!! I am right there with you on kids going back to school!!!!!!
Ooooh! I am so jealous. We have 5 days left until the kids get to go to school. (Not that anyone is counting...hehe) I am so happy for your boys! They are going to have a great year. It sounds like there are lots of fun activities planned!
Post a Comment