Saturday, December 26, 2009

We made it thru Christmas!!!

What an amazing Christmas!  Dr Jones let me off bedrest for Christmas activities.  What a wonderful gift.  I was able to visit Brielle for the first time.  She is such a beautiful baby.  She reminds me of when Emily was little.  I love that we are having a boy, but there definatly is something so precious about little girls.  We also got to decorate gingerbread houses with the Ramseys--Anne didn't know what she was getting into when she opened the door to us!  hehe  Then dad and Gail and the boys came.  We went to Golden Corral for lunch.  We had fun visiting and laughing.  By then I was exhausted and having light contractions.  We came home and Thomas and the kids watched a movie, while dad and Gail did some shopping.  I figured that was a good time to fit in my NST.  I completed that, and then we ran up to Bret and Kristy's house for the annual dinner and gift exchange. 
Christmas Eve is such a fun time.  I just love it.  While we were out, a secret Santa dropped off some gifts for us.  How wonderful and blessed.  Thank you for all of you who remembered us.  We had a lot of fun at the party.  That night we got to open the Christmas Eve PJs--Thanks Becky for making them for us!  The kids just loved them!!!  After the kids went to bed them Sean and I needed to wrap and put together our gifts.  Sean was so busy this week, and had very little sleep.  He was so exhausted that I had to send him to bed because he kept falling asleep while wrapping.  TJ came in and helped me finish.  We laughed at how funny Sean gets when he is tired.  The next morning the boys got up about 7:30 and went thru thier stockings and Santa gifts.  Emily and Sean got up a little after 8:00.  Mom and Dianne came by about 9:00.  We opened gifts.  It was so fun.  Emily especially had a permagrin.  I loved watching them!  I always have a hard time choosing gifts for them, but they got things that they really enjoyed.  Sean and I opened our gifts, and felt so greatful. 
Then Sean made breakfast for all of us, and I went upsrairs and rested.  I stayed down for the day.  I have been pretty crampy ever since, but it was wonderful.  Last night, Royce, Eric and Kandy came by and watched a show.  Things are getting back to normal.  Tomorrow with be 34 weeks, so we will have reached another good milestone for the baby.  Sean has been terribly swamped with things here.  The kids are busy playing.  All is well at the Gordons home. :) 

No comments: