Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3 Days till Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon.  Last night was the traditional Gibson Family Christmas Progressive Dinner.  I was not able to attend.  Sean was flying, the kids had haircuts, and I was not feeling well.  My mom and Dianne took the kids for me.  They had a great time.  While they were gone I went and did my NST (my bp was a little high, and I figured since I needed to go the next day anyway, I might as well get it out of the way while the kids were busy.  By the time they got home, Emily had a fever.  I gave her some medicine, and my mom gave her a bath and she went to sleep.  We both slept in till 10 the next morning, which was possible because the boys slept in until 9:30.
Christmas is finally catching up with me.  I usually put together Christmas plates soon after Thanksgiving.  I have been trying to do it, but Sean keeps telling me I can't.  It is killing me.  Got them to make cookies and tried to save some, but there is always a "need" elsewhere, plus Sean has me figured out.  He assures me "Next year we can make up for it!" 
We have recieved so much help with this pregnancy.  Thank you to such good friends, neighbors, and ward members, and family.  Yesterday we recieved many wonderful gifts.  Thank you so much!  We will truly enjoy them.  We also recieved a very special gift from unknown giver.  I do not know who it is from, and it doesn't seem right to try to figure it out, but all I can say is thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!  We really do appreciate it, and we know our children will too.  I will save the card and memory of it for the rest of my life, and today we were able to use the gift to make for a really special Christmas that our family otherwise would not have had.  Thank you so much.  Today before I used the wonderful gift, I said a prayer of Thankfulness to you and your gift and for guidance on how to use it.  I had to fight the tears as I left my car, so please know how much it meant to us.
Tonight the boys are going skating with my grandparents and Matthew and Sarah.  Emily fell asleep at 6:15.  Makes for a quiet home.  Can't wait to talk with my sweetheart. 

No comments: