Since it seems many people are blogging now I thought "What a great way to keep in touch. "
Today is Mothers Day. We took Sean to the Airport,he is doing his flight training in San Antonio Texas. Then we visited my mom and Dianne for a while. After, we went to Grandma Royces to drop off her Mothers Day gift.
On the way home I asked the kids if we should be naughty and go to dinner at Texas Rhodehouse (moms shouldn't have to cook dinner today, right!) Good thing Nathan was a good boy, because Jaron, Emily and I were all up for it! But we were good and came home and did the "Single parent dinner".....MAC and CHEESE you wonder......close.....CORN DOGS! Yuck, I know, but at least I didn't have to do dishes. It seems there is a bright side to everything.
Last night Sean and I had a date night. Thanks Anne and Jason! We had a nice evening at home. We got an 89 cent movie, had dinner and watched the show downstairs. It is such a wonderful and rare feeling to be in a quiet home all by ourselves. Sean and the kids gave me a flat of petunias for Mothers Day. We planted them yesterday, so if we get frost this week, you can blame me.
Emily had her soccer game Saturday. This is the second game she has played in, so of course that means the season is almost over. I have to keep telling myself "She's only 3, She's only 3". She is so hilarious out there. She is totally Jarons sister. She acts just like he does. She was running with the pack of kids after the soccer ball with a big smile on her face, hair blowing in the wind, wearing her sunglasses upside down.
So I am wondering, Does she stand out? Just a little?
Nate had his birthday last weekend. He is now nine years old. I told Sean that that makes HIM REALLY OLD. Nate has started his countdown until school is over. I think it is now down to 12. He thinks it will be really great, but about 10 minutes after he gets home he'll say "I'm Bored".
We have been busy running kids to school events, Jaron has soccer, Nate has baseball, Emily has Soccer and Sean and I do Webelos.
We have been busy running kids to school events, Jaron has soccer, Nate has baseball, Emily has Soccer and Sean and I do Webelos.
I am just crossing my fingers that I can make it thru this week with a smile on my face.
