Today is a berry wonderful day. Can you tell that Emily and I have been watching Strawberry Shortcake? Between that and Superman!
It is also a "berry" day because I got some raspberry plants. I know it will take time, but the way the store prices have gone up, we figure it would be a great time to try our hand at a little gardening. Hopefully we can get them planted alright.
BiLo has strawberries on sale for $1.25 per package. Sean and I like to make freezer jam, and that is a great deal for berries. So I have been cleaning and slicing them today.
Nate is playing at a friends, and Jaron is playing with Emily. This is a blessing, because she is a little tornado. I have to stay with her all day long so I can minimize the damage.
Sean has been in class all day (San Antonio), so hopefully I will hear from him before long. You will also see that I have created a blog for Nathan. He was very excited when he came home and started working on it. I will need to help him a little with the typing, but I look forward to seeing what he does with it.
Tonight is a nice quiet night. that is good, because tomorrow is chaos. I am still trying to plan scouts. Can you tell I am dragging my feet? It is hard to keep track of the boys by myself without Sean. While I am at scouts I will need to find someone to watch Emily, Jaron will be at soccer and Nate will be at Baseball. Thank heavens for carpools! I find it is great to be busy, because you appreciate it when it is slow, and after a little of nothing you are ready to hit it hard again.
It is kind of crazy, on Tuesday the 27th, both boys are having a school campout. Nates group will be about 10 mi away, and they are having a family dinner. Jarons will be about 40 mi away, and they need moms to chapperone. I know I should offer, but the idea of 2 days and 1 night camping, freezing in May, without Sean, in a tent with six 7 year old girls is not to appealing. But they did mention they might go swimming, then mama bear comes out and says "I am definatly going wether they like it or not." .....WHY DIDN'T THEY NEED DADS......
I guess if Sean could drive a bus full of kids thru Yellowstone for a week I should be able to handle it, right?
Is anyone up for having a 3 year old little girl nicknamed "tornado" stay at their house for 2 days and a night? Just kidding...Well kinda.
Have a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your blog, it's a great way to keep in touch on the everyday going ons... Anne
You crack me up!!!! We deffinately think alike on the camping thing. I wouldn't want to go especially since you don't have a daughter on the trip!
Post a Comment