Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween 2009

Thank Heavens for Sean. Our poor children would miss out on so much if it wasn't for him! The last 2 weeks my headaches have been in full force. We typically try to make the whole day special for the kids. We like to get the Jack-o-lantern pizzas and breadsticks and watch movies. The last couple years our tradition is to get together with the Ellis, Ramseys and Hardys and enjoy soups and breads together and then let the kids go off trick or treating in the neighborhood.
Once again my fun plans for Halloween were destroyed by yet another headache! The Hardys had invited us over, and try as I may I could not get it together enough to go. So I spent a portion of the night crying in the bathroom as my family was out with friends building memories, sharing good company, and good food! POOR ME!!!!
It is obvious that I did not have a role in the costuming (even though they did look great). I am a no blood, no mask, nothing scary or morbid Halloweener, That didn't fly for the boys this year. Oh well, I guess I was fighting another battle.
The kids get LOADED with candy. I am one of those moms who try to let the kids control thier candy first, then when they can't I step in, and if they fight me about that, then I inherit it, or the garbage can inherits it. My famous words in the candy war: "No way, if you are going to fight about it it is gone! I will not let my home be held captive by a bag of candy!" Then for dramatical effect I take the bucket and dump the whole thing in the big garbage can.
Perhaps I should have went into DRAMA!!!!! hehePosted by Picasa

No comments: