Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lessons learned at FHE

Our family has been doing a lot better at having FHE lately. We have loved it. It is so fun to see what the kids know and feel. However I wonder....did we wait to long to start. Last Monday Jaron was in charge of the lesson. Our activity was planned. We had been "Booed", so we needed to deliver goody plates to at least 2 neighbors. As I was helping Jaron decided what he wanted the lesson to be on...Faith, Babtism, Repentance, etc, his eyes lit up on "Holy Ghost."
Jaron: "Ya, Mom! That's what I want to do! The Holy Ghost for Halloween!"
I could quickly see where this was going. So I called in reinforcements.
Me: "Sean, Jaron wants to have the lesson on the holy ghost."
Seans reply: "Great."
Me: "Do you really think that that is appropriate for the week of Halloween?"
Sean: rolling his eyes at me "YES!"
Jaron: moving towards Sean with his arms outstreched and fingers wiggling "OOOhhh, I'm the holy ghost...Oohhh! "
Me: "Well, you approved it!" *smile*

That night at the end of our Holy Ghost FHE lesson. Emily informed us that when Jesus was babtised, the Holy Ghost decended in the form of a DUCK. I knew it was a bird, but I always thought it was a DOVE. Good thing we are having Family Home Evening! Sounds like we need a lot of clarification!

4 comments:

Tenae said...

Thanks for the chuckle! The duck was hilarious.

gina said...

I love it when kids get the basic idea but the details get a little fuddled....so funny!

Cami said...

OK, that cracks me up!

steph said...

I love it!!! Totally makes me laugh! I have never heard of anyone wanting to be the Holy Ghost... it is soo cute! I also love the duck... can you say quack?