The reason is that your heart is so full multiple times a day! Sometimes you are so full of happiness, that you feel it will burst! Then on the flip side, it breaks constantly. Not only does your heart ache for yourself, but most painful is seeing those you love in pain. Even if your child is crying because their ice cream melted too fast, it brings on a flood of emotion and concern.
Then there is the disappointment that comes from their mistakes. Then of course the huge guilt that comes for YOUR mistakes!
Perhaps the biggest pain comes in pushing them thru their struggles. You know that they HAVE to do something incredibly difficult for them in order to overcome it.
Then of course there are other times when we have absolutly NO CLUE what to do, and you just have to ride it out.
I am currently riding the motherhood coaster! I have no clue of what to do, yet remain hopeful. I think I will retreat to being a child. Tonight I plan on turning my concerns over to Heavenly Father, knowing that he loves me and my entire family. I don't know if he is going to plow ahead thru my troubles for me, or if he will be the ever loving Heavenly Father standing behind me PUSHING me in the right direction.
I guess it is true, we may be a parent, but we will always be a child!
I am so greatful to be surrounded by the best people in the whole world. Have a great day! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time.
I do know that you definitely know how to work through your problems the right way.
Kids are the hardest...I am always afraid I will push the wrong way. I wish I would have come in to visit last night.
You are good to be concerned over melting ice cream, I would have just said "get over it" and may not have given them any more! We all make mistakes as mothers and kids turn out to be fine anyway. I, like you, am glad I have Heavenly Fathers help. I couldn't do it without him.
You are an amazing mom! Trust me.... when they become adults they will be sooo grateful to have had you as their mom! Keep the faith and ur chin up girl!!!
Michelle, I am sorry you are having a rough time right now. I am going through one as well, and I wont get into that, but I wanted you to know you are a normal LOVING mother who is going through a normal tough time. Please know that I am sending you a cyber *hug* and that I am thinking and praying for you to overcome the feelings and worries you are having. You are a super person!
Cami, Anne, Gina, Steph Dianne, Tandy, Tami and Heather:
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! I really love and appreciate each and every one of you! Thank you Thank you! Love Michelle
We are having 'one of those days' and it's so good to know that other moms do to! Thanks for this post, Michelle!
Mom said...I'm glad it passed & the next day was better. You're a good mother--you try really hard. The kids WILL servive---you servived me (but I had alot of help from Grandma & Grandpa.) I hope you have a Wonderful day. I love you!!!!
Post a Comment