The Harpers invited the ward to come, so there were the Jones (Bev and Claudette's), Ellis, Gardners, Ramseys, us, Claysons, Jen Mecham, Grovers, Stacey Buffaloe..am I forgetting anybody???
Sean and Emily make their first trip down the slide.
I went down with Anne and Tiffany one time and the next time we had kids (maybe 5) wanting to join us. Anne chose to bail because our tube was full. As we went down Tiffany and I were going down backwards. When we reached the bottom, her and I both fell out on our backs. That water was COLD!!
Lane and Tiffany and the kids joined us. We tried to do a train going down. We learned that I am not strong enough to be the middle person. Sean and Emily went down, I fell off my tube and went down without one, and later the Claysons went.
As I started falling down the hill without a tube, I began to realize the term "point of no return" I was going down, I missed the first group, and had no tube, so I could either fumble around hopelessly or throw my hands in the air and shout "WA HOO!!!" Guess what I did!
Next time I was the caboose and Lane held my tube, It worked much better!
The grand finale was the candy cannon. It took about 15-20 minutes for the compressor to build up enough pressure to shoot it off. As you can see it was a big hit.
This was one of the most amazing places I have been. It was so awesome to me that these people would lend their home to groups of strangers. (They weren't even home when we were there.) I thought to myself "with so many sue happy people these days I sure hope nobody gets hurt and sues them and ruins it for everybody.
This was truly one of the best family moments ever!!!
1 comment:
I do think bailing was a good choice!
Post a Comment