Today feels like a combination day. It feels like Saturday and Sunday together. This morning Sean washed the windows and mowed the lawn. The boys had friends over. Then we went to the movies "Nimms Island". (Pretty cute!) This felt like a nice Saturday. This evening we went to the Cemetary to see Seans dads grave. When we came home Seans family (Bret, Kristy, Eric, Kandi, and Royce) came over for dinner. We had nachos, followed by my famous brownies with frosting. These brownies are a "little bit of heaven wrapped up in a whole lotta sin."
I just finished reading to Emily and Jaron. Isn't it funny how classic books are classic thru generations. My favorite books as a kid were these sweet pickles books, and they are also the kids favorites. Sean is getting the camping gear packed for the boys. They are both going on their camping trips tomorrow. I am excited for them. I know I will feel lonely for them about 2 minutes after they walk out the door. Thats how I am, I keep wishing school was in, then it starts and before I realize it they are coming home for the day and all I have done is miss them and I think "they need to be gone a little longer."
Even though kids are a challenge, I am so greatful for them. They make life so fulfilling. I think even the opportunity to see life thru their eyes and feel their excitement is such a gift. Not to mention the many opportunities to control yourself and exercize patience. I tell my kids I never swore before I had kids, I never had a reason to before. Now I have the opportunity to try not to several times a day. This seriously is a blessing. I love this time in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a nice memorial day and a fun adventure for your boys to go camping!
Hahaha, Josh used to be the potty mouth in our family...now it is me! We went to see Nim's Island on M Day too!
Happy Memorial Day!!
Post a Comment