Sean has been in Michigan the last few days. I could tell that the kids were feeling a little blue, so I decided to take the kids to Horton hears a who. Nathan of course thinks that he is too mature to watch it, and decided that he wanted to see Nimbs Island. I didn't feel up to the fight, knowing that Jaron and Emily would like to see Horton, so I told Nate he could invite a friend. He invited Bryson, and we did the 2 movie thing. I checked on them a couple times, and they were being really good, so when they decided to continue the party at home I agreed.
We ended up having a sleep over. When I was inside working they wanted to be outside. So I decided to plant my flowers while they played. Then the craziness began. They were upstairs, downstairs, in the front and back, inside, outside and yes UPSIDE DOWN. (My subtle tribute to Doctor Suess.) They all wanted to eat diffrent foods at diffrent times, in diffrent places, play diffrent activities, etc. I felt like I was running a circus. I told Nate "Don't ever ask for a sleepover again", unless it is arranged by me to the purposes of getting a night without kids in the future. I have also reached my quota of hearing about farts, butts, and poop. With the added benefit of the aroma of 9 year old boys... I am sure you can relate. Do you remember that commercial "Calgon take me away!"
Today we had Grandma and Grandpa and mom over for dinner. It is always so great having people over. I feel sad for Grandpa. His Parkinsons is getting worse and his medicine makes him tired. He gets around pretty good, but he has been talking slower and quieter. He is always talking about people who have died of Parkinsons and the struggles they have had. It kind of makes me think about President Hinkley. You felt sad that he passed, but you felt happy for him. My grandpa is getting close to that point. You always feel better when they are wonderful people and you know you will see them again.
My dad and Gail came up this weekend. It was great. We went to Golden Corral 2 times and did some shopping. I always wish we had more time with them. I think that is how they like it--leave while you still want them to stay vs. wishing they would leave. HaHa Emily was a total Grandpa's girl. She always wanted him to do everything with her, and as soon as she got home she ran upstairs and packed he bags and said she was going home with them. Dad always had a big smile on his face. Last time it was Grandma Gail that she wanted, so this was fun for him.
My dad bought a mum for Mike's (my brother who died at 6 months when I was 4) grave. I took my mom with me to the cemetary to leave the flowers. I also took Royce (Seans mom) to take flowers for Seans dads grave. Jaron and Emily loved playing with sticks, while Nathan loved making gravestone rubbings, and trying to find the oldest graves. Does anyone know why there are so many Japanese graves in Pocatello? Just curious.
Did I mention my sweetheart came back today! I am so excited to have him home. I guess I should wrap this up so I can spent some time with him.
I also wanted to say that I got to hold my cute little friend Leigh. She is such a doll. I love to hold her and play with her (She is about 6 months).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a weekend... I'm not sure why there are so many ones in Japanese. It would be interesting to find out!
I love that you love to hold leigh!!!!!!!!!! That was a good idea on the movie!
Post a Comment