Saturday was Nates Lego Robotics Tournament at ISU. He has been working so hard. They typically meet 2 x a week for 1.5 hours since the beginning of the year. Recenty they have extended times added days etc. Nate has also came in during lunch recess to tweek and perfect little things here and there. I was a huge deal for him.
Sean was on a flight, and I had been pretty sick, so we made arrangements for him to get a ride with his teacher (who is also our backyard neighbor). They left at 8:00 am and got home around 6:00. I sent out invites to family and friends to please come support Nate since Sean was in Canada, and I was on bedrest. I didn't hear of anyone definatly coming, and I just didn't have the heart to not being there to support him. I chose to go to the morning presentations. It took about 1.5 hrs to watch the 3 presentations, but it was so great to see thier interactions and to see when they accomplished thier goals. Jaron and Emily did really good at sticking by me. Jake was there, so they just ran in the pack. Then I went home to get rested up for the afternoon awards cerimony. I still felt horrible, but again I really wanted him to be cheered for his efforts, and I wanted to snap a couple photos.
Heavenly Father blessed me with a front row parking spot both times, but I was especially thankful for the one at Reed Gym. We watched for a while, then it was announced that they would be presenting to the other side. By now I was weak and getting nauseous. There was no way I could go up the stairs. I got to see 2 run offs and they were getting ready to announce the awards, when It hit me like a rock. I had to leave. To tell you how desperate I was, I almost gave my $300 camera to a teenager to take photos of Nate for me. Reality hit in that I did not know this person, she did not know me, or Nate, and how will I get my camera back.
I went to the other side where Dave Cameron was and gave it to him and said "I am really sick, I have to go now, Please take pictures of Nate. Lickity Split I was out of there.
Once at home I was vomitting and nauseous and havin contractions and pain. Sean was between Washington, and an hour away from Canada. I could not get a hold of him, my mom had fallen at Reed Gym and was hurt, and grandpa and grandma are not feeling well. I called my friend Anne and started to cry. She said wait there I am sending help.
I ordered pizza for the kids, Royce came to sit with them, Jason took me to Labor and Deliver, and Anne's dad George brought me home. While there I was given a shot to help reduce contractions, Then they gave me some medicine to calm me for sleep. They did the Ffn test that came back positive saying the the baby will likely come in the next 2 weeks. So I also got a shot of the steroids to strengthen his lungs. The next night I got the other shot. These will really help incase Ethan does come early.
Nate and I passed when he got home and I left. He had been awarded a medal for the competition, and his team, the dominators to 1st prize for Team spirit. With this accomplishment, they get to continue on to state!!!! (Jan 16th Reed Gym) In the mean time they have some quirks to iron out of the robot and the presentations. I am so excited for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Michelle- girl you scare me...I hope you can hang in there a little bit longer but you are such a great mother and show concern for all your children. This baby is certainly coming to a loving family. I am thinking about you and keep praying all will be well. I understand not having hubby. I am use to Abete being gone during the week but we have also been taking advantage of some extra hours and right now we average once a month visits and now he is in Pennsylvania. My heart goes out to you!!
Post a Comment