So today at church I was sitting by Emily. We were singing "I know that my Redeemer Lives". That is one of my favorite hymns, and I really want it my kids to be reverent while it is sung. The boys know it, and Emily knows most of it, so I made the kids sing. She of course can't read, and the parts that she didn't know she did not want to hum, but she would whistle. I knew this was not ideal, but I thought this was a pretty good compromise, so I said okay. I felt pretty good about this arrangement.
Awhile later halfway thru the sacrament hymn, she was really getting into "While of these Emblems We Partake." Granted she wasn't being wild, she just really liked the song. She started getting kind of loud, andI realize maybe whistling church hymns may not be the best option.....
Oh well! I guess we will try something else next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too cute! We sure do live and learn, don't we!
Post a Comment