Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I love yo...scratch that!

This morning was one of those kodak moments. It was a great morning. We got the boys sent happily off to school, and I was up in the bathroom helping Emily finish her bath. Then I was helping her get dressed. We were playing and laughing and having a good old time. You know how kids just say what they are thinking, well.....she smiled a big smile, and I knew I was getting ready to hear a big "I love you momma" and probably get a big hug and goofy kiss.
So I was shocked when that sweet smiling face that had been playing with me for the last 20 minutes said "I love dad most". All I could say was "I know honey." Now I know that might sound rude to some of you, but to me it was just a reminder of her innocence. I think that what was going on in her mind was "Mom. I love you. I am having a lot of fun with you. Dad is number one in my book. I have really loved playing with you, you are fun."
I appreciate daddys girls and am so greatful to Sean for being such a wonderful daddy for Emily. I know that she loves me too and that we have special moments as well and many to come, and that I also have many moments that only I am able to share with our sons. I am greatful for Heavenly Father and his wisdom in creating and giving us families, and the strengths therein. I am greatful for the energry that the church puts into building strong families. I am also greatful for my extended family, for good aunts and uncles who taught me and let me know I was loved. I am especially greatful for a sweet, loving and supportive husband who truly is my best friend. I love my chidren who teach me by little things everyday---they are the best!!

3 comments:

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Kids are funny... I enjoy their innocence, even if it hurts at times. They are the best ever!

Ramsey said...

I think you are exactly right Michelle with your interpretation of Emily's feelings. How insightful you are, I probably would have just got my feelings hurt! But you are exactly right, what a wonderful mother you are.

gina said...

Yes, you definitely have to take what kids say with a grain of salt...they just don't think like grown ups yet!