
I thought this photo was too funny! She looks so SURPRISED! As some of you know we went boating with my dad in Soda on Saturday. A little less known is the fact that we could have lost her that day. When the plans started forming the thought came to mind "Keep Emily in her lifejacket." Of course, that is always the plan, but I think Heavenly Father is too aware of my laziness and wanted to make sure I knew how important it was. My dad had a big raft that he pulled behind his boat. Nate, Jaron, Sean and Emily went out. (I was vidoeing this). When they were bouncing around, I realized they were bouncing a little too much, (I was the spotter). I turned to tell my dad that it was a little too rough (now the video turned off), when all of the sudden they hit a big one, and Emily seriously flew up about 5 feet high and out. Sean hopped up and dove in to get her. My heart started beating again when I could see that she was in fact floating on top of the water, thanks to the lifevest. We put her into the boat, and I wrapped her in a towel and held her for a few minutes, after about 7 minutes, she was ready to go out and do it again. I still can't really laugh about it (except when she says "Mom, did I flied in the air?"), but I do feel so very blessed. I hope that this experience will stay with all of us so that we can keep our families safe, now and in the future. It also reaffirms my testimony that we have a living Heavenly Father who truly does love us and is mindful of us at all times. He truly is always at the door, and it is our responsibility to listen and let him in. I am so greatful to live in America and especially in Pocatello. I love my family, friends and associates, and am so greatful for all my blessings.
I guess when you read my blog, you never know if you will laugh your can off, or if I will be really sappy! Well, today I am sappy.
BUT........
Did you know that Pocatello is the BIG CITY:

Okay, this kills me. There is a car dealership in Soda Springs that says that Pocatello is the Big City: "go to Poky to ride a escallator, elevator, or attend a big sporting event, but to get the best deals on cars, go to the little city of Soda."
And people laugh at me that I think Salt Lake is the BIG CITY!
5 comments:
What a beautiful blog entry! It was so nice to read your testimony and remind myself how truly blessed we are to have and KNOW ALL that we do! Thanks for the reminder!!
OH my goodness, how scary! Yes Heabenly Father defintiley is ther for us if we just remember to listen, huh? Thanks for sharing your testimony of that! The other day I was at my in-laws' and ther were a bunch of us sitting in the living room and all of a sudden the impression came to me that Molly was in danger. I realized she had gotten out of my sight and went running around the corner and found her two baby steps away from the stairs where she would have definitely fallen. If I'd have hesitated one second..... The Lord truly blesses us!
As for the sign in Soda, I've seen it too it is a total crack up!
wow I type so well, ha ha!
WOW, I never knew we lived in the big city. What's vegas then?
vegas is SIN city
Post a Comment