Thursday, August 7, 2008

We are the Snarfs, snarfs, snaaaaarfs!



This week the kids have been involved in the SNARF program and ISU. SNARF stands for: Science, Nature, Astronomy, Radiation, and Flight. It is 3 hours a day for 4 days. The kids seem to like it pretty good, however I do wish it was a little more organized. They have built bridges out of popsickle sticks, planted corn, built volcanoes, launched eggs, and who knows what else.
To explain the title: Jaron and Jake made up a song on the first day, that they love to sing. The other kids are totally sick of the song and moan every time they sing it (which is often.) As a mom, I think it is funny. I especially love it when they do the dance that accompanies it.
I love carpools. I love having the kids taken for me, and I love driving a carload of kids equally well. The kids always beg me to "do the crazy drive". This is where I swerve the car while driving, make a rough stop or accelarate on a turn. I always do this cautiously. The kids love it. Today while I was crazy driving, Kelsey Benson called out "Oh, that smashed my nuggets!" The whole car roared with laughter, and I have to explain "Kelsey honey, you don't have nuggets." Logan laughingly said "What are nuggets?" I pretended I didn't hear that---I didn't even want to attempt to answer that one.
Camp and carpool attendees: Nate and Jaron Gordon, Logan and Jake Ramsey, Kelsey and Joslin Benson, and Braxton Sellers.

2 comments:

Ramsey said...

What are nuggets???? j/k

Cami said...

Ohhhh, I wish I hadn't missed the sign-ups. My kids were awfully disappointed.