Sean and I the day we were married in the Bountiful Utah Temple. I guess you could say "the happiest day of my life", but I think life just keeps getting better, to where you can't choose just one favorite.Sean and I at our 11th wedding anniversary dinner at Famous Daves.
Happy Anniversary! Friday (July 11) we celebrated our 11th Wedding Anniversary. We have found a great babysitter who was willing to watch our kids overnight, so off we headed for Utah. Sean had some Marriott points from all his travels, so we went to the Courtyard in Layton. We had a really nice room. We spent some time there and then we went out for ribs at Famous Daves. It was really yummy, especially the cornbread.
After the ribs, Sean did the sweetest thing a man could ever do for his wife---He took me shopping!! (And didn't tell me anything was too expensive or to hurry up!!!) They were Tai Pan was only open for an hour and a half, and I used every minute of it! While I awed at all the decor, Sean followed me with the shopping cart and played with his new cell phone. We were both happy, but I have to admit I was wearing a perma-grin the whole night.
My friend Tammy offered to make me some floral arrangements, and she is so unbelievably talented. So I was shopping with a mission--Find the flowers! I think we will be able to pull together 2 arrangements: purple for the front room, and rust and amber for the kitchen! don't I look like Mrs. America with my flowers! LOL

We did miss the kids. I had to take their photos with us, and I called about 7 times on Friday. By Saturday, I knew I was coming home soon enough, and only called to tell our sitter that we would be about an hour late!
While this doesn't sound like a magical anniversary, this is what we like. We just enjoy spending time together, and it is great to have a night away from the house, kids and worries. I was trying to remember "Where did I think we would be 11 years ago?" I honestly can't really remeber, I think I can consider that a blessing. There have been several opportunities for growth, maturity and calming. Sean has been so patient and kind to me. He has taught me how to cook, do laundry, bathe kids, and on and on. We have had a lot of fun together, and I can honestly say I love him more and more each day. These things tend to help you become a more rounded individual, and I am greatful. I am greatful to a Heavenly Father who knows me way better than I know myself and gives me opportunities to be truly blessed in ways I never would have imagined. I am greatful to a wonderful husband. His patience and love has helped me become a better person (I hope!)
I am so greatful to be blessed with wonderful children who have showed me unconditional love and given me forgiveness time after time for my mistakes. I am greatful for additional family who have given me both advice and encouragement when I needed it most. One of the nicest things my dad said to me is "Sis, you are doing really good. You are doing as good as any, and better than many." Whether it is true or not, it is just what I needed to hear on that day, and several days since. I cannot forget to express my gratitude for my friends. Those who repeatedly he about me feeling sick, tired or sad. There always seems to be a "Lets get lunch, or bring the kids over" exactly when I need it most.
Thanks for caring about me. My heart feels so full of love.

5 comments:
It sounds like a wonderful anniversary! We like them that way too!
It sounds like you had a wonderful Anni! Congrats! :)
Happy Anniversary!!! I love all my great friends too :) Sounds like you had a ball, and I am jealous of your overnight trip!!! One day it will be my turn.
Michelle, I absolutely adore you! You're so sweet, I love this blog, you sound so happy. Happy Anniversary, that sounds like my kind of anniversary celebration! Sounds like you had a blast, congrats!
I almost forgot...I tagged you over on my blog. Come check it out and Play! It'll be fun :)
Post a Comment