Thursday, June 5, 2008

A great day

Today is a great day. I was able to make "pockets" today, and had enough dough left over for 6 cinnamon rolls. I guess what makes today so nice is the fact that the kids are actually being really helpful and doing some of their chores. It make life easier, and it makes me feel so much happier. I went to get some long overdue bloodwork done today. It has probably been ordered for a year, but I am so chicken to get poked (I have deep veins that move, so they usually dig in my arm with the needle.) Of course the nurse could not find a vein, so after 1 poke and 20 minutes, she sent me on my way. We went to the lab at the hospital. The waiting room was packed, you could see 2 people getting drawn, and after about 3 minutes, I knew that I could not wait one more minute. As I was leaving the receptionist said "Can I help you?" So I said "Ya, just a minute, I am not feeling so well I will be right back", and I was off down the hall and didn't look back. So after feeling like crap for an hour when I got home (I'm sure it was just nerves) then I was able to get my day going.
Last night the neighbor (Dianne) gave me some starts from her flowers. I was able to plant them, so I am hoping that they will grow. Sean said "Where will you even put them?" I figure it doesn't really matter if they are free right. Hopefully I can write again soon

2 comments:

Blue Ribbon Family said...

I hate needles too! They scare the beejeebees outta me, but with my health, I have to do it often. Oh well... such is life!
I hope your flowers grow too! That is so strangely rewarding, isnt it?

Ramsey said...

That's great that your children are being so helpful. We haven't been so good here today, no chores done and I still let my kids play with friends... Some days are better than others. :)