Saturday May 2nd Jaron was babtized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! We are so excited for him. He is so cute. He says "This is the biggest decision of my life." We are very proud of him and know that he will continue to be a great example! We were so blessed to have so many family members come. Bret Kristy Taylor and Grandma Royce were there from the Gordon family. Uncle Eric and Kandi were in Boise, Kandi had to work, and Eric was visiting the kids. Melissa and Jake traveled halfway from Orem, but due to bad weather had to return home. We were thrilled to have grandpa Tbone (he was a witness of the babtism). It snowed in Kemmerer and they had broken pipes, so grandma Gail had to stay and take care of water issues. Uncle TJ and Thomas were finishing up finals at Utah State and were unable to come. Grandma May and Grandpa Tom were celebrating grandmas birthday that day!!! Lane and Carson Clayson came to support Jaron. Carson was originally gettting babtized Saturday as well, but broke his arm on the tramp a couple weeks ago, so he will get babtized in a couple weeks:) We are so lucky to have so many family members in Pocatello. All the Pocatello Gibsons were able to attend: Grandma and Grandpa (Grandpa was the other witness for the babtism. Thank you both so much for the help with the luncheon and everything). Gary and Sandra, Kevin, Kelli, Alex and KariAnn, Karen and Steve, Kendra and Kyler, Paige and Nathan, Kurt, Anita, Sarah, and KayLynn, and of course my mom and Dianne. I love you guys and really appreciate you and your love and support---it was a wonderful day.
There were 7 kids babtized that day! 5 from our ward. It was really special because the kids are really good friends, and they choose not to seperate them to keep groups small, but instead to keep them all together. And it was amazing, because I actually got the best seat I had ever gotten in a babtism! It didn't seem crowded at all! They even kept us together for the confirmations and it was amazing because it was the same thing, no pressure, no rush, just really peaceful!
This next part my grandma will hate, sorry, following the babtism we came to the house and had a luncheon. We thought that potatoe bar would be nice and easy because it is pretty forgiving timewise. Things can just stay warm. We had about 30 guests, and no clue when we would be eating, so this would work perfect. My sweet grandparents offered great help. They had potatoes, so they cleaned and wrapped them, cut onions, browned burger, made a salad, brought pop, sour cream, a relish tray, dessert, there was VERY little I had to do right?!? My only responsibility was to grate cheese and turn on the oven for the potatoes to cook. I asked my grandma when I should turn it on and how high. She said "You don't want it to be undercooked, because then they are not good". "I totally agree---YUCK!!!" I said. I think I stressed her out a bit, because the next morning she called me and said. "I was up all night worrying about those potatoes, and I think you should put them in now at 450!" Now in my mind I knew that was pretty high, especially when I could smell them about 5 minutes later, so I was going to turn them down to 300 when I left for the babtism (knowing that there were 5 kids being babtized from our ward alone!) but of course I FORGOT! When we got home I still forgot. I started getting things put out and arranged, greeting people. I got things all ready, and dududud....Royce cracks out 5 bags of stuff because---she wants to make a couple salads!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! ARRRRR!!! So distract myself and refocus, I check the potatoes. Grandma asks how are they. I get a confused look on my face and say "CRUNCHY".
"Hard?" she questions.
"No. Crunchy." We open the foil to find a wilted burned potatoe that when you crunch it open there is almost nothing in it! hahahaha I start laughing. My grandma is not happy! "This is Awful!"she says. "It's actually kind of funny" I say. "It is NOT funny she says sternly to me. I can't help but smile. I pat her on the back because I know that she is so disappointed. Poor grandma, so sweet, and so much work, and to have it not be perfect. Little did she know that everyone just loved them the way they were. I had so many compliments, but she won't believe me.
That was grandmas frustration, now back to mine: Again, I think she had good intentions....
OK MICHELLE KEEP YOUR COOL!!!! 20 minutes later--me:"Royce can I help you with anything."
45 minutes later: As her bags are in the table, counter, and island....I finally start cleaning her stuff up...Royce:"What are you doing? I need that? me: "I am cleaning up. I have had things ready an hour and I have 30 people here to feed!" Royce: "Well I just wanted to be included in the babtism and bring something too! Noboby tells me anything...." Sean starting to get irritated. I go in the other room.
20 minutes later. My kitchen is a total disaster. Not at all like I planned it. Everyone still eats, it still works out okay (of course not as good as if it was my way lol.) Okay so I have been totally harsh. I really do love Royce. I honestly do get frustrated and upset with you, but I love you and I appreciate the fact that I know that I can always count on your help and support when I need it. You are a wonderful grandma to my children, and I love the encouragement that you give to them, so please forvive me when I loose my patience with you, and know that I will always love you, and I appreciate that I can experience real emotions with you.
Mother in Law Lesson learned there really is more than one way to do things.... The right way (my way) and the wrong way (your way). hehehe. I am so funny. Well this is my blog, If you don't like it, don't read it!
Okay back to a serious note, Thank you so much to everyone who came to Jarons dinner. We appreciate your love and support! We missed those of you who could not make it, but we knew that if circumstance were diffrent you would have been here. Please know that we love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

2 comments:
Congrats to Jaron. We are so proud of you. We wish we could've been there to help celebrate his special day and to wish Nathan Happy Birthday. We had such a good time with you while we were there last time.
What a special day!
Post a Comment