Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crazy Yellowston Photographers

You know how they say "a picture is worth a thousand words", we sometimes the real story is what is going on behind the camera.
In order to get family photos, I decided to ask other park visitors to take our photo, in exchange for us taking theirs. The woman who took this photo was very interested in photography. She told us how to pose so that my butt wouldn't look too big. (I'm not offended, just greatful!) In fact, you might say she was a little too interested in photography. We were shooting this photo on a bridge, when all of the sudden traffic started getting backed up. When I realized the reason, all I could do was yell "What should we do?"


Did I mention we were on a bridge. I looked down the road (about 30 feet), to see a 2,000 pound buffaloe. This time my mommy instict did not kick in. I was only thinking about how to save myself! "Should I jump off the bridge, no wait, that leads to waterfalls about 100 yards down....Maybe I should jump into this lady's minivan." As I kept repeating "what should I do" the buffaloe charged right past us (about 7 feet away.) You seriously could feel him go past. The lady in the pink shirt is the buffaloe photographer.

The next photo is by the French lesbians. Yes. You know me, always wholesome activities for my family. Not even thinking anything about 2 masculine women traveling together, I grabbed the first people walking by and said "I'll take your photo, if you take mine"--That even sounds dirty doesn't it. Shoving my camera at them I didn't even listen to their muttering. I just said "It's the button at the top." After the photo as I was collecting my camera, I realized that they could not speak English.
As to me taking their picture, some things are better left unsaid!

Okay, the final crazy photographer is me. I was taking pictures of the scenery, when I felt something funny on my arm. Here is a photo, I don't know what it is, all I can say is it was about 2 inches long and flies!

4 comments:

Ramsey said...

yikes! Remind me not to bring my camera if I'm ever in Yellowstone with you guys!!!

Heather said...

aiuwnidthat was entertainig! Sounds like a perfect trip!!

Heather said...

So, my little one is sitting here trying to type with me as you can tell by my previous comment.....ha ha

Cami said...

I havn't laughed that hard in a long time!!!!!!! I think I am going to re-read it...it's better than doing the dishes!!!